Webinar ‘Science and policy for effective pollinator protection’ on May 20th
The SBSTTA meeting in Montreal has unfortunately been postponed, but the Promote Pollinators secretariat has come up with an alternative. In close collaboration with the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan and Leiden Biodiversity Center Naturalis we will share relevant knowledge and increase awareness on the topic of pollinator protection. World Bee Day is the perfect day to do this together. On Wednesday May 20th we are hosting a webinar about the development of effective policy based on scientific studies to protect pollinators and their habitat. The webinar is open to the public, and both members and non-members are invited to participate. The webinar will take about 1,5 hours.
We have put together an exciting and inspiring programme to provide you with guidelines to develop effective policy. You don’t want to miss this! The following speakers will tell you their story:
- Jane Stout, co-founder of the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan: Five years later: what we have learned from the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan
- Lorna Cole, Agricultural Ecologist at Scotland’s Rural College: evaluation of protective measures in agricultural landscapes
- Arjen de Groot, Wageningen University: the key success factors for pollinator initiatives
- Vujadin Kovacevic, coordinator of the EU pollinator strategy: The EU monitoring scheme
- Koos Biesmeijer, Scientific director of Naturalis Biodiversity Center at Leiden, Netherlands: regional collaboration for biodiversity recovery
How to participate
Would you like to participate? You can sign up here. More practical information will be announced soon. The webinar will be broadcast live at 17:00 GMT. You can help us by sharing the link with your network and inviting other professionals working on the development and implementation of pollinator policy. The more the merrier! Especially in these extraordinary times, we look forward to working together with you.
We will be organising a conference call for the Promote Pollinators members in June. You will receive information about this soon.