Promote Pollinators & BES-Net Webinar Part 2 on January 14th
Promote Pollinators is looking forward to hosting the second part of our webinar in collaboration with the Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Network (BES-Net) on January 14th, 2020 at 15:00 CET. The webinar will focus on the outcomes of BES-Net’s Regional Trialogues.
Conservation and sustainable use of pollinators requires commitment and support from all the stakeholders across sectors and organizations. Since the release of the landmark IPBES thematic assessment on pollinators, pollination and food production in 2016, BES-Net has been promoting the uptake of the assessment, using the science-policy-practice dialogue approach (i.e. “Trialogues”). The webinar will provide an opportunity to learn how the countries that have participated in the Regional Trialogues integrated the IPBES assessment findings and messages into policymaking processes, scientific research and on-the-ground programmes and projects, and how these efforts are implemented in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Representatives from a selection of countries that participated in the Regional Trialogues will share their unique experiences promoting pollinators, building on the increased awareness and strengthened network through the Trialogues.
The webinar is open to the public, and both members and non-members are invited to attend. The webinar will take 1.5 hours.
We have put together an exciting programme that you don’t want to miss:
- Anne Juepner, Director of the UNDP Global Policy Centre on Resilient Ecosystems and Desertification
- Lena Dempewolf, Biodiversity Specialist at the Multilateral Environmental Agreements Unit, Environmental Policy and Planning Division, Ministry of Planning and Development, Trinidad and Tobago: “Pollination in Trinidad and Tobago – activities and lessons learned post-BES-Net Caribbean Regional Trialogue on Pollinators, Food Security and Climate Resilience”
- Sikeade Egbuwalo, ministry of the Environment of Nigeria and CBD National Focal Point for Nigeria: “Nigerian Pollinator Network: Contributions towards achieving Food Security and Land Degradation Neutrality in a Post Covid-19 Era”
- Ustemirov Kayrat Zhangabylovich, Advisor to the Chairman of the Committee of Forestry and Wildlife, Ministry of Ecology, Geology and Natural Resources of the Republic of Kazakhstan: “Innovative ideas and actions to promote pollinator-friendly practice as a post-trialogue learning point from Kazakhstan”
- Ruth V Spencer, Antigua & Barbuda
Please note that this is a preliminary programme that may be subject to change.
How to participate
Would you like to participate? You can sign up for the webinar here. The webinar will be broadcast live at 15:00 CET on January 14th. You can help us by sharing the link with your network and inviting other professionals working on pollinator protection. We look forward to your attendance!