Join the webinar ‘Pollinators in the urban environment’
The webinar aims to share knowledge on the relevance of pollinators in the urban environment and to showcase examples of urban pollinator policies and initiatives. We want to enhance attention with other cities and city-influencers and identify facilitators that help cities to develop and implement pollinators strategies. The webinar will last about 2 hours and will be divided into two parts: presentations and panel discussions between experts.
The presentations about pollinators in the urban environment will be held by various experts.
- State of the art science
- Katherine Baldock (Nortumbria University)
- The national perspective
- Mexico, Sol Ortiz Garcia (Mexican Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development)
- What is happening in cities?
- Montreal – Michel St-Germain (Montreal Insectarium Museum)
- Tallinn – Meelis Uustal (Tallinn City Government)
- Nairobi – Wanja Kinuthia
- The Bee City and Bee Campus USA Initiatives
- Mace Vaughan (Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation)
The presentations will be followed by panel discussions. Leading questions:
- what are critical success factors for good urban pollinator initiatives?
- (how) can urban pollinator initiatives contribute to science and awareness?
- how can other governmental levels support the development of urban pollinator initiatives?
Want to join?
December 8th (2023)
Would you like to participate?
You can sign up for the webinar here. The webinar will be broadcast live at 15:00 CEST. You can help us by sharing the link with your network and inviting other professionals working on pollinator protection. We look forward to your attendance! The webinar will be held in English and is open to the public, both members and non-members are invited to attend.